Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gordon gets a new job!

Well I started my new job at Initiate Systems on Monday. I'm really excited about the products they're developing and the technology being used (Java, Spring, Dojo, Flex, ...) . The people there are really good at what they do and I'm going to learn a ton about end to end software development. I'm also really pumped about their focus on Agile software development. I think it will result in a really fast paced, productive, and happy environment.

What we do:
Basically they develop a suite of products that help businesses better manage their data. The most common example is a hospital. The products developed are used to help the hospital gather all of their patient data, clean it up, and check it for incoming errors. Basically it helps to ensure that patient data is correctly recorded so that they are treated correctly when necessary ( the right blood type, allergies, etc). They current have around 200 customers in included many you've heard of ( Microsoft, IBM, FedEx, etc etc).

The commute is a little longer in the morning and I've been getting there earlier (gotta make a good impression :). The location is really an upgrade. Initiate is located just west of the Bridge on 360, it's nice getting a great view of Lake Austin on my way into the office:



I will miss all my friends at IBM. I am grateful to IBM for all of the professional growth that I was able to amass over the 6 years I worked there as well as all of the great people that I worked with over the years. I'm glad to be out of the IT business and into a role where software engineering is the primary focus.

Gracie is proud of her daddy!


Gracie update:
She is doing a great job with the potty training so far. She has officially started going #2 in the potty. Woo Hoo! A little M & M was all the inspiration she needed. :) I wouldn't say she is completely potty trained, but we are well on our way.

She also has graduated from the toddler room to the pre-k room. She even came home singing her ABC's a couple of weeks ago. Mommy was happily surprised! She also sleeps on a BIG girl mat at school instead of a crib now which is a huge accomplishment. She even refers to herself as a BIG girl now instead of a baby.

Little does she know, she will always be our little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blogger Templates